Tourism, Events & Sports Management courses
JCU has recently been ranked first in the world for excellence in tourism research with particular expertise in tourism in the tropics.
Tourism has become one of the world’s largest and fastest growing industries. Over 900 million tourists travel internationally each year and there are billions more tourists who travel within their own countries. All these tourists need services and infrastructure to provide accommodation, entertainment, activities and experiences. Local and global opportunities for employment are excellent.
As tourism continues to grow and become more complex, it requires well-trained professionals who understand how to develop, manage and market the industry. Northern Queensland’s world-class attractions make it one of Australia’s leading tourist destinations, offering many opportunities to learn about the tourism industry. Studying tourism at JCU will give you the professional skills to create, manage and coordinate a fascinating mix of local and global leisure and travel experiences.
- Bachelor of Business (Sports and Events Management) Start in July 2013
- Graduate Certificate of International Hospitality Management Available February 2014
- Graduate Diploma of International Hospitality Management Available February 2014
- Master of Business Administration (International Tourism) Start in July 2013
- Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management Available February 2014
- Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management-MBA Start in July 2013