Undergraduate Creative Arts courses
The School of Creative Arts at JCU offers programs that are innovative, flexible, industry relevant, intellectually stimulating and artistically adventurous. Students explore creative art-making within a rigorous and supportive learning and teaching environment. One of the key attractions for students is the small classes for study and access to industry-standard equipment.
Creative arts students enjoy an outstanding learning environment with a state-of-the-art new complex on the Townsville campus that houses digital media laboratories, music technology laboratories, performance and rehearsal rooms, multimedia and visual communication studios, plus a professional gallery.
The School of Creative Arts plays a major role in the cultural life of northern Queensland. Regional galleries and theatres provide exhibition and performance spaces for JCU students, while students are encouraged to seek placements with these local arts industry organisations, as well as with interstate and international equivalents.
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Media Design)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Photomedia)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts)
- Bachelor of New Media Arts (Media Design)
- Bachelor of New Media Arts (Music and Sound Media)
- Bachelor of New Media Arts (Photomedia)